Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rate My jumping position / / 醿? /?

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z16/l...
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z16/l...
[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/al...

haha I just wanted to see what other ppl think =]
(1) POOR
(2) why are you doing that discpline
(3) ok but not great
(4) getting better
(5) pretty good
(6) VERY good
(7) 3rd place worthy
(8) second place worthy =]
(9) 1st place worthy 醿?br>(10) GRAND RESERVE!! lol
Thanx a bunch!!
醿eaggann醿?br>P.S. This is for fun so keep your rude comments to your self!
Answers:
i would say 5 to 6 you have a good position letting the horse to stretch over the jump. I wouldn't take your hands go higher up the neck its about perfect where they are. Try not to lean forward do much as you can loose your contact when landing and if you are jumping a double or two jumps with only a a few strides in between you won't be in the correct position to get back in the saddle and to push the horse on to the next fence. your leg is behind the girth this is not a bad thing just make sure you don't take your leg off or the horse may feel your not with him and don't want him to go forward. Its quite hard to say how good your position is as it depends how the horse goes because if the horse is a nervous jumper then you need to give enough rain so they don't feel that you are holding on to much. hope it helps.
I would say 7.5-8.5, but would would definetly deserve more than 2-3rd place. Im not a REALY experienced Show Jumper but i would junp with your hands higher up the neck of the horse, but all over you look like an experienced s/j
I'd say five to six too.
You are a little ahead of the movement, leaning on the horses neck for balance, and your legs aren't entirely stable. I'm not keen on the crest release, I teach my students to follow the horses mouth, maintaining a straight line from elbow to bit. To do this, you would need to become more secure in the saddle.
All that said, the horses certainly look happy with how you are riding them, and I'm sure you get great results!...
first let me say that both horses are BEAUTIFUL with awesome form, square, tight knees and they are really stretching their necks and using their backs...I would bet that they are very successful in the hunter ring.
Looking at your leg, first the stirrups look a little too long, causing you to "reach" for the stirrup-this in turn is causing your leg to slip back a little, not bad though. Your heels are down, but because of your (slightly) slipped back leg, they appear to almost be flat.
If you were competing in the jumpers, I would say that you are leaning to far forward, but that position seems to be very common in the hunter ring. In the jumpers you wouldn't have enough time to collect your horse for a turn or another jump though, so if you ever decide to compete in show jumping you may want to keep that in mind.
In both pictures your head is up, looking at the next jump, your hand position is good, following the horses mouth, but resting on his neck, and your back has a nice arch.
Overall, I would give you a 6.
I would say about a 5. I am a showjumper but I've shown hunters for years and years. Unfortunately, you're style is reminiscent of the most common fault in today's hunter ring and that is jumping ahead. You are using the horse's neck for support rather than following his motion through your hip and leg.
Your leg is not as stable as it could be. I would suggest shortening about half a hole or even an entire hole. A good way to help your leg position would be strengthening using small gymnastics and also riding without stirrups. You need to make sure that your leg is as close to parallel with the girth as possible. That calf needs to be your basis of support, not standing on the ball of your foot.
Correcting your leg will help eliminate a large part of the jumping ahead. Your crest release is good, but I would suggest as another poster said to move on to the automatic release where you create a straight line from bit to elbow. This is for more intermediate to advanced riders but once you correct your basic position, this should fall into place.
You horses look quite capable and very well turned out. I would think that once you stabilize your seat and move more with your horse's movement, then you will see excellent results in the show ring. I am sure that you see good results now, but these problems are sooooooo overdone in today's hunter show world that we need to start getting back to the basics again.
I hope this helps. I was just taking a very subjective and impersonal look at your pictures. Nothing personal or anything. Also, read George Morris's article in Practical Horseman every month. He has a jumping clinic where he critiques four different riders. It has invaluable information and it's very useful in the hunter ring.
9- Great position but you could push your hands up more so your hore can extend it's neck other than that your're awesome!! Also your stirrups look a little long maybe put them up a hole or two.
Everyone has said everything there is to say. I just wanted to say both horses are gorgeous!! :)
Woah. a cant even jump that good! I give you a 11!! lol
(u also have beutiful horses!) a good horse makes for a good rider!
I WOULD TOTALLY SAY A TEN!
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SHOWING! :]
i'd say... 8.5-9
from 7-8
you look good but i am not very good at horse riding so i cant rate it
I haven't been to the ring in a while, so I will simply say: you look really good, except your heels could probably be even lower. Believe me, I always got that drilled into me...
Those 2 pictures are of different riders, so I don't know what you're talking about.
I am not sure- I never really jumped, more western pleasure than anything- but I wanted to say that your horses are beautiful!
i would say 8.5-9.5 I'm not that good Ive only been jumping for about a year
Those are two different people in the pictures. I don't believe either picture is you. You probably just found them on the internet.
5-9 keep yer leg forward
I would say a 7 or 8. I dont jump but looks like excallent form and good highth and clearance of the jumps.
Hmmm... between 6 and 9? :D
P.S. Nice work. 2 different people it looks like! Like your question lol
Really nice form! I'd say (honestly) about an EIGHT AND A HALF. The only thing I'd say is not to lean forward so much and don't point your toes out.
I definitely agree with Shwjmprchmp
I have the same problem with jumping ahead and hovering my butt over the saddle.
Where your hands are is perfect.
what happens to me is my legs get too far back and i go forward.
right now i'm showing in modified childrens almost to childrens and the equitation medal.
i would say 6 and 8.
:]
umm i wouldnt rate u cuz i dont know if thats rly u cuz those r 2 different riders....
8-9 very good =]
The horse and you seem very happy =]
Okay, well the first one I am not sure, You look too far ahead of the motion and leaning on your horses neck and because you are too far forward, your leg seems to have slipped back, BUT, it may be the angle of the photo., The second is much better, I would say very good to second or first place worthy..hmmm.Just try shortening your stirrups slightly, though other than that you look good. Maybe try dropping your hand to from a straight angle from your elbow to the bit. Just fix those little problems and you'll get either 9 or 10 on your list. Good luck showing in the future, and you're horses look beauitful, you look like you enjoy riding them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment