Wednesday, July 29, 2009

4-H: If you want to join 4-H do you need to join in your own county - or can you join in a neighboring county?


Answers:
Yes you can but you can only belong to 1 county at a time. Which is no fun sometimes my daughter wanted to be in a horse club in 1 county and hte horse judging team in another county that is not allowed. But you can change to a different county the next year. you use to be able to join 4-H at large but that is not allowed anymore either
After my son's 4-H massacre, I have come to realize that they are goverened not by national or state rules , but by county rules and they can each make up their own.
Also hopefully you have decent people working in yours that will call you back, because here, they dodge ya..
I would call the county your interested in, explain to them what your wanting and see what their answer is.
Good luck and hopefully it works better for you!
It depends on the stse. Call YOUR counties 4h extenstion office and get the answer for your area.
Hope this helps!
My husband and I are 4-H advisors. I know that in Ohio you can show in a neighboring county. When showing in another county, there is just simply an additional form to fill out. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment