Friday, July 31, 2009

Am i old fashoined or do other people do 4-h too?


Answers:
Attempted it this year, not sure we will do "equine" in 4-H next year. My son will do livestock definately, but he got really burned by winning 2 classes at county level 4-H and then disqualified from state for him showing a mule.
I'm pretty disgruntled with them too.
We will just concentrate on livestock, get the sale money for his college and continue to show the mules at 'mule shows' and open horse shows. Simpler and less ulcers that way lol.
dont understand????????...
I did 4-H for a year when I was in highschool. I don't see why it's old fashioned, I've known plenty of kids who did 4-H. Sure, the program's been around for a long time but that doesn't mean it's old-fashioned.
I never heard about it until I was too old to participate. I wish I would have known about it when I was that age because I think it would have been a great experience.
No, lots of people I know are in 4-H.
No, it's not old fashioned at all. I know many people in my area that compete in 4-H, and have a great time.
I kind of noticed that the younger riders are getting more and more into Pony Club. Seems like 4H is out around here and Pony club is in. But its all good 4H is a good thing stick with it if you like it!
I never did 4-H wish i did.
my daughter does mini-4-H for horse and pony and my son does 4-H agriculture.there is no pony club in my area
i do 4-H and it rocks!!!
Your not old fashioned. 4h is great. I love it. Only people are taking it WAY too seriously. I mean at mine people are buying 2000 dollar saddles and fake tails.
I never did 4H- I did Pony Club, although I had some friends in 4H- but both programs are great and the older you get, the more you'll appreciate having participated!
i do 4-H, i have been in it for a few years - horse and pony club, i am the vice president of my club.
i do 4h and i love it. in my county there are 300 kids with a horse project at the fair!
I just went to the fair last week, and it was packed full of kids and their projects. I don't think it's old fashioned! And in the horse and pony project, there were as many kids who appear to show at breed shows also, as kids who don't. My son showed in dogs and hamsters for years, also art and hunter safety. It's a great program.

No comments:

Post a Comment