Friday, July 31, 2009

Any AQHA riders out there?

if so what do u do? i team pen and rope how bout u?
Answers:
I barrel race pole bend team rope breakaway rope team sorting and penning and anything else that looks fun to try Im always looking for something new to try with cows or speed involved
AQH are the best. I enjoy barrel racing more than anything, but don't compete much.
I used to compete as a Hunt seat rider on my Appendix QH. I also did a little bit of Over Fences work with him but I had alot more fun competing on the "A" circuit with him rather than the breed circuit.
i ride reining western and team pening
i just bought a nine year old sorrel gelding,will be doing barrels and trails with him i think haven't quite sorted out yet what our destiny together will be but he is perfectly willing to do whatever i ask of him as most Quarter Horses are,they are such an AWESOME breed
I've just got my first AQHA registered horse. He's the best horse I've ever had. We are training in cutting and possibly will start team penning soon. They are really a great versitile horse!
My family breeds AQHA horses and I do the showing, I have always been a jumper so of course I ride English/hunter jumper, western pleasure and show comfirmation. We just started with reining and cutting.
umm i have a aqh, true pally, i love him to death, but my arab/quarter is the best, lol. with my 2 year old gelding i'm thinking about team penning and roping, but do not know because i donot ride western lol, i may just halter show him. got any suggestions
i just love the AQH! they are so faithful and kind. very intelligent and willing. what i do with them is a little bit of both english and western riding. i do some show jumping and english trail riding and i do barrel racing. and some roping. of course i do western riding on the trails. have fun with you AQH!
I started out doing Western Pleasure, but my horse just didn't look like he was enjoying it. Guess I can't blame him. Then we tried English pleasure and still same thing just no enthusiasm for the sport. Now after I can't tell you how many years, we are doing the wonderful sport of Dressage. He loves it and the dressage competitions are awesome. Each year we have something new to work toward and try to beat our scores from the previous year. He loves it and is very dedicated to it. He strives so hard to achieve and really has that go get it attitude. Of course, a nice hack on the trails is a great way to let both of our hair down. I certainly give you a lot of credit for the team penning and roping. I couldn't do it.
They all look like they are having so much fun, but horses do love to run. We had a horse that was used for reining and he was quick on his feet, sometimes caught you off guard. He really had quite a nack for that and when we tried other disciplines with him he really tried hard, but you could see what his real passion was.
I'm a member and my horse is registered, but we've never done an AQHA show. We do dressage and there are no AQHA dressage classes. :(
been there done that kinda gal...mostly trail ride Now!
I ride mostly AQHA's. I do hunter jumpers and I also love quarter ponies!
I love quarter horses because they are so calm, versatile, and have a very nice confirmation.
When I get my first horse I want it to be either an aqh or quarter pony.
i dont ride a aqh im just sayin the aqh club is pro slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment