Monday, May 24, 2010

Arena shape?

Alright, so ive got 20 arena panels, not including the fence. What is the easiest shape to with in? Like a squarish shape with rounded corners? A circle? an oval?
Answers:
the squarish shape with rounded corners gives you the most options. You need a longish stretch where the horse is going straight to work on gaits, sidepass, what have you.
try and oval but with stright aways to give you more room to lope
either way is ok, but remember you need room for any extensive training you might want to do, I believe if it was me, a circle would be more appropriate,but it really is up to you,and how much training you are planning have you had an arena before or seen one, take a look at some before making a decision, the size varies, and the room also. good luck!
I use a oval. I like that shape the best.
I prefer the square with rounded corners.
how long are the pannels?
What about a shape like this? It's like the ring I grew up riding on...
_____
/.....%26#92;
|.....|
|.....|
|.....|
%26#92; ______/
(ignore the dots, I had to use them as spaces!)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment