Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anyone know of a good QH stud in Columbus, Ohio?

I am looking to breed my mare in the future. I'm not doing it anytime soon ( I want to break her first ) but I want to find a good, VERY built QH with the creme gene, or anything that will produce a buckskin,grulla, palimino, or dun out of a bay QH mare. I live in Columbus, Ohio and do not want to travel far. I will also consider a good built paint horse that is a proven color producer. Thanks!
Answers:
Option 1: If your a member of AQHA, give them a call and they'll do a search for stallions standing in that area. Honestly, that's sometimes the easiest way, otherwise it's A LOT of research!
Option 2: Contact The Ohio Quarter Horse Association. They should have tabs on stallions, locations, stud fees, etc.
Option 3: Lots of research!!
If your looking for color out of your bay mare, depending on what her sire and dam's colors where, I'd go with a Perlino (you'll get a buckskin, dun, grullo or possible smokey black). A Cremello will produce the same except for a dun and grullo. You have to have the dun gene in one parent to get a dun colored foal!! Otherwise, dunalinos, duns and grullo's are good to look at. Good luck in your search!
This place is about 45 miles from Columbus, they have a cremello stud. http://www.netpluscom.com/~ponyexp/stall...
http://equine.com/stallions/ad_details.a...
^^I'm not sure where Lore City, OH is. %100 color producer. Says that if you want a creamello then breed a palamino to him.
Go on line to ebay! go to aniamls, horses you will, fine someof the best and prettys horses, I,ve ever seen!
id go with the lore city stud, i have a mare out of the darin skip line and shes awesome, great mind, nice conformation and can move. i've seen others by that bloodlinea s well and they are all nice horses, well built and calm.
I am located in steubenville, about 3 hours from columbus, i have a QH Stud out of Snazzy Story, with Go Man Go in his bloodlines. Send me and email and i will give you more info

No comments:

Post a Comment