Monday, May 24, 2010

Are Breyer Horses really hand- painted???


Answers:
Some parts are hand painted such as the eyes, other parts like the body and legs depending on the horse apears to be painted if a type of spray paint. Another thing handpainted is the horseshoes (if they have any on such as milton) But what I think it means when they say its handpainted is that a auotomatic machine was not used to paint it, that could mean there was others alternatives.
Yes, they are hand painted but most of them are made in china now instead of the New Jersey factory. I don't feel they're any worse in quality because of it though. If anything their models are nicer in recent years.
I can't remember. I know the originals are sculpted and colored by hand; I once met the woman in charge of that. She told me about the rest of it too but sadly, I can't recall. I'll tentatively guess that the mass-produced ones people buy are airbrushed by machine, based on the original hand-painted pattern. But I could be wrong.
The mass produced ones aren't. They are machine painted.
However if you go on Ebay and look up CM Breyer, you will find the painted ones and man are they gorgeous. They also command a high dollar too.
yes
i went on ebay to see how much they really are and there's one running now for $455.00!
the really expensive ones are. i should now, i own a few breyer horses.
Yes all breyer horses are and all of them are hand made to theres no machines involed at all thats why they cost so much money.

No comments:

Post a Comment