Monday, May 24, 2010

Are pony rides cruel?

im not sure
Answers:
I don't believe you can generalize all of them because I'm sure there are some sour apples out there.
The ones I have seen, are under a tent, have relief ones waiting in a corral and are switched out. All my guys work for me and earn their living. They will live out a sweet retirement also. Horses weren't meant to be put in a pasture and admired *sorry PETA*, they are made for being worked and used and I know that when I work any of my guys, the other ones are begging to be driven or ridden. I can honestly say that my mules decline when they aren't used reguarly, they can't handle not being ridden/driven.
Yes they have to tolerate brats, but whats different then that and our teachers today??
I don't believe they all are.
only if you weigh 300 pounds. Poor little horsey.:(
Nah, they love been walked up and down all day with people on their back.
I think it would be pretty awful to have someone heavy sitting on my back.
no y do u wonder?
Well how does the horse/pony look? If it's eyes are hooded and it really doesn't look happy, then..yea. It really depends on how they are treated. Some horses are very tolerant of it. Others don't like it. I don't think it's a good idea to take high-strung, spirited horses and then put at a job where they are constantly going in circles at a walk. However many calm horses enjoy the attention.
Yes, they are. How would you like to walk around in circles all day in the heat? Most of the rides aren't monitored well. You see children kicking and slapping at them and no one makes them stop. It is a boring, boring life for the animals.
only if you weigh over 115 pounds.
I think it depends on the length of time each pony is worked.
Not when the ponies are properly cared for.
If the ponies are well cared for and happy looking no. There are plenty of horses and ponies out there that are never happier than when they're packing people around all day, even if it is on the same boring circle.
I have worked at a fair with the pony rides before.
No, not really, but it depends on many factors. Are the ponys healthy? Do the handlers match the ponys with the size of the kids? If they have enough ponys to relieve the working ones from time to time? If they are given plenty of fresh hay and water when needed. If the saddles fit properly. If the kids behave while riding them.
Ponys are tough little guys for their size and with the riders being small children, they shouldn't be any problems.
I think the main thing to consider here is, are the
handlers/owners responsible people? If they are, then this type of exercise is fine for them.
Believe me..I have seen alot worse situations.
Well if you think about it you know that they do there job all day without a hole lot a breaks. And They have to let people ride them all day to . But the good part about it is it's making money for the people who own them. And there under a shade tent all day so i would say half and half because sometimes it is very cruel if it's over 300 pounds to because it hurts them a lot. so i say partly are and partly not
not unless they're walked endlessly with not enough food or praise or if they get sores from the saddle
Depends on the condition of the pony, how much they are worked, and how much the riders weigh, and just how they are generally treated.
pony no
horses it depends. i've been horseback riding for the past 2 years and just stopped cuze i didn't have enough time to ride between soccer. and some ride were wild but most were ok
As said before, it depends on the condition of the horse, how much food it's being fed and the amount of exercise. I also consider the bit, I have seen some tourists yank on a beach horse with a curb in it's mouth. This looks very painful for the horse. I personally think that horses used for public rides and ponies used for pony rides should have very soft bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment