Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anyone wanna share their riding experiences?

i'd like to hear more stories. i love sharing my experiences, and listening to others as well
Answers:
well, i have good and bad experiences. when i was 6 i came back from vacasiones and found out my horse had died.that was hard. later i rode another horse, then changed again, then once more, until i finally bought a french setter that i unfortunatly had to sale because i was moving to another country. but i started riding(in honduras) since i was 6 and im currently 13. i absolutly love it and i prefer by far jumping from dressage, but without dressage there would be no jumping!any way, my favorite breed is the akhal-teke,i love active and high energy horses, i have fallen 23 times in my life, but they say that the more u fall, the more u learn( i hope thats true, lol!) and i have dicovered that horses are extremely beautiful!
i hope u didnt get bored with my story, i hope u liked it! :)
my daughter is currently learning to ride a pony her grandmother got for her. English dressage...shes starting jumps now...
yes omg im going in the 2012 olympics for dressage
I lovr riding i just went to the nhrfr in illinios i di pretty well to but it was a lot af fun most people dont even know of the nhsra but its a lot of fun
ok, well i have lots of great experiences on horses. to me, even if i fall off its a great experience. I love horses, if i could i would breathe them! They are just such sweet animals who dont care what you look like, but only how you treat them. I started riding when i was about 6 or 7 and now im 13. Last year, as a christmas present, my parents went to our local horse rescue and started "fostering a horse", his name was Mighty and he was just as sweet as can be. The rescue had got him from the slaughter house and saved his life,. he had a basketball sized abbsess (sp?) on his leg, but he still was just soo nice, it was truely amazing. A few months into the time we had him, a couple from NY called and were interested in buying him, they said they had the money for his much needed surgery, so we thankfully gave him up, since we were fostering he wasnt yet ours. The couple emails us pictures, but it's still not the same as going down to my barn and just laying down in the pasture next to him. He opened my eyes to how horrrible the world can be, and how you should ne grateful for everything. That summer, my parents suprised me with a pony of my own, Clair. She has a tissue problem in her back leg, so I cant jump her, which is what i r eally love to do. But I still love her to death and i work on groundwork with her. =]
I am actively taking lessons once a week and riding clair about 2 or 3 times a week (she is older) I can currently jump 3 feet on my lesson horse carmel, who is also a sweetie.
thanks =]
here are some pics of mighty-
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6f9u45y...
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4t8qb9s... (notice the HUGE tumor in his leg)
btw, they rexently found out that there was cancer in his leg, so they had to have surgery to get that ouyt =[ my poor boy
ok well as a tip u might already know but nvr ride 2 horses too close together especially if they're not rly used to eachother.i made tht mistake once and got thrown.
I started ridding horses when I was 4 years old. I was always horse crazy. But I started at this English riding facility, taking lessons twice a week. As time went by I could not get enough and would do anything to be around horses. When I was about 8 the owner would let me school the young horses for hours. As my show career went on and I moved up in standings I needed better horses. Well my trainer let me try this nasty little pony in Hunter Jumper classes. He was an excellent jumper with a poor attitude. During our third class he decided he had enough of me and took me thru the jump. I was seriouly injured. My parents were not present so I hid the injuries on from them. well after a day the pain got worse and worse so I had to confess. My parents freaked out and bought me my own horses for safety reasons. I actaully got two right off the bat. A 17 hand black appendix gelding, and 16.3 hand sorrel quarter horse. Looked kinda a funny because I was still pretty little. But from there my parents bought a 50 horse breeding facility, and we bred and raised our own horses. So not all falls are bad.
But 20 years later I still love horses and still ride. Many horses have come and gone but there are always the special ones.
Well mine is really cool the way it happened I was riding a horse tht belonged to another girl and she was riding one tht was a person tht boarded at the barn. The horse she was riding buckled down on his front legs and she flipped over the front and hurt her shoulder. The horse I was riding stopped and started staring at her. When the girl went back to the barn my horse wouldn't listen to me at all! She turned, twisted, and almost backed into the electric fence. My instructor told me to go to the fence post and come back. My horse resisted but we made her go. When we got back as soon as we started walking back to the barn she was trotting like she was trying to get away from me. I held tight and brought her to the cross ties. When she was there she kept trying to get as close as she could by going forward to the girl. The whole time I brushed her down she was staring at her and when it was time to go into her stall she looked at her one last time and went right in. It was like she knew she was hurt. It was really cool! Hope it wasn't boring for you to read.
I have tons but the best one would have to be training my gelding. I bought him 8 years ago, when he was an untrained 2 year old stud colt and I have won 2 competitive trail riding awards on him, one 20 mile and one 24 mile. I compete at the regional competitive trail shows and winning on a horse that I trained myself is one of the best feelings in the world!
I remember one time I was riding my 3yr old gelding and he was just barley broke to ride this was probably the second time he had been rode and so When he was all tacked up in my western saddle we went to the round pen I lounged him around a bit and when he was all calmed down I had put my foot in the stirrup little did I know my horse did not want to stand and wait till I was mounted so he runs around thinking I am on him when I am not I was more like in the back of the saddle holding on and screaming HELP HELP at last he bucked me of and I Fell backwards luckily I was just a little scraped up and my horse does not dare to pull a stunt like that again.
One of my favorite times with my horse was when I was jumping him and he was in the grumpiest mood. We went over the jump and he started to buck and rear which i found funny for some odd reason then i asked him to go over another jump we get over this jump and he just threw me right off i landed flat on my back laughing and he put his head down and stared at me as if he was laughing at me too then i got back on and he went over the jumps like an angel.
I have been riding since 4 yr old. Have been bucked off, run over kicked. I still get back in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment