Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anyone experienced in antique cutter sleighs?

http://forums.horsecity.com/cgi-bin/bb/u...
Those are pics of the cutter I just bought and would like to find background on it. Its close to 100yrs old if not older. I know it was made in Beleoil Canada.
I am going to refinish it and use it, but just curious if others have ideas or knowledge about these??
Its actually in pretty good structural condition, just needs finishing and upholstery.
If you guys know anything let me know, Thanks!!
Answers:
My Amish neighbors recondition buggies and sleighs.
If you have specific questions, I could be a go-between for you and them, and e-mail you. Are you accessible through the forum above?
One sold last Wednesday at an Amish sale by my home. I wanted it so badly but we don't get enough snow to make it worthwhile.
Hubby is a skilled metal fabber, he's built replica parts and done some modifications. If you need any help let me know. ;o)
The best place to look is Driving Digest. They have the most history of any magizines. Sometimes blueprints too. Mishca Farms is also a good place to look for history on HD vehicles. If I can find the address will e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment