Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anyone do charity work with miniature horses?

I have 3 mini's and really would like to make a difference and bring smiles to peoples faces. What is required?Can this be done?
Answers:
I was involved with Personal Ponies for a while. They state they mostly use shetland ponies, but from my experience they had a ton of minis.
It is a good orginization, check it out:
http://www.personalponies.org/
I imagine you could contact your local schools or hospitals and see if they are doing any outdoor events where horses would be appropriate.
I saw someone on TV once who took a mini (in her minivan) to hospitals, etc., just like people do with dogs. I don't have any info on how to get started, but it IS possible. I do remember that like the dogs, the pony needed to be bathed before each visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment