Saturday, May 22, 2010

Anyone know of any good trick training resources for horses?

Books, websites, any methods. Wanting to teach my quarter horse to rear, lay down, bow, any cool tricks. He is incredibly smart and we have started on laying down and bowing.
Answers:
I actually work on a ranch with many horses. A good way to learn about training them would be to search it on yahoo or google. Believe me there will be plenty of good sites. Good luck.
there is a book you can buy in most catalogues that goes through details on how to introduce your horse to trick training and then goes into the steps. it gets very complicated with some of the tricks towards the end of the book so that your horse can do more difficult tricks.
Try watching the RFD channel, if you have satallite TV accsess.
The book I have used is Trickonometry: The Secrets of Teaching Your Horse Tricks by Carole Fletcher. Its a pretty good book but like teaching your horse anything it takes percistance. I also like Tommy Turvey. You can check out some of his tricks on Youtube. He may also have a web site. I have attended some of his clinics on teaching horses tricks and I really like his methods.. Well hope that helps... Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment