Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any Mule and Donkey admirers here?

I'm a very serious mule/donkey fan. I've had mules my entire 30+ yrs of life. Working with my second donkey. I've trained horses and mules my whole life as well. Curious to find others with same interests.
I'm immune to smart @$$ comments...they come with the territory.
TIA
Answers:
I take mules and donkeys seriously. I have a mule and two donkeys. One is a miniature donkey and the other is slightly larger. I got them before the Shrek fad, but since then, so many people comment on the donkeys. Alot of the old timers who come here know at a glance what the mule is. Some just glance and think it's a horse. The old timers have wonderful stories of actual field work they did with the mules or donkeys and how smart they are. Ever since I've had my smaller donkey, I have a rooster that discovered he can jump on their back. He jumps on both donkeys and has learned to hang on while they walk. The rooster is eating any bugs off their backs. I can't believe how docile the donkeys are -- they never have kicked the rooster. When the donkeys come back from the field, the rooster runs out to meet them. Who knew they could be so entertaining!! My mule is too wild to train-- we rescued her from the auction ring. Any ideas for what treats a mule would really enjoy?
wow.well everyone likes a nice a s s
america has never lost a war in which donkeys were used...
Im hung like a mule and donkey combined. Do you admire that? lmao
I saw a series of photos of a mule stomping a full grown Cougar to death when it attacked. Now thats what I want on a remote camp trail. Mules are hardy and foot sure!
Can you tell if it;s a jenny or a henny with out knowing what the sire is?
I love donkeys. I have 6 ex racehorses and i have 2 donkeys on my land. They kinda graze around with my boys, while my mares kick them away. They are soo sweet, mostly ugly.. but so much fun to be around.
good for you, no, really, i mean it.
I work with 2 belgian cross mules - Rock and Maggie. They are the best! I have been riding for about 15 years now, and I would take a mule any day. They are intelligent, strong, attentive, and make you keep you attention focused. I ride them, drive them single in a 2-wheeled cart, and double in a buckboard cart. I love tha fact that they will just go and go anf go and go.
I never thought much about it until one day i was out trail riding and a stud donkey followed me home! I began working with him and soon fell in love with his inquistive nature and how he asks "why should I do this" unlike a horse that says "okay, whatever" I got upset with him one day because he refused to walk through the gate into his pasture. so I undid his lead rope and smacked him on the butt to get him to jump through so I could shut the gate and go to school. when I got back a 6 inch thick post had been busted and Jack was no where in site! he'd run away from home because i hurt his feelings. it took several hours and the teasing of my mare to get him home. My 5 year old sister loves to ride the 12 hands tall stud. I decided to breed him to my 15 hand mare to get a mule. She's due in a few weeks now and I'm very excited! I love my donkey boy, but unfortunately we have to sell him to make room for the baby and we need the money to make some payments on a few things. i'll be heartbroke about it tho. I very much love donkeys and mules and i plan on registering my mule and becoming active in mule things when the foal gets old enough.
I went to Mule Days for the first time a few years ago and I was AMAZED with the team driving exhibition they did.
I ended up having a client buy a mule that was a natural born jumper and he was cute, friendly, and loyal.
Plus, the mule industry seems to be immune from the drama and gossip of the rest of the horse world. Being drama free is nice!
Sure,I've known and liked a few good ***'s in my time!
They're very smart and very sure footed.
I love them too! I have a 20+ year old Mule, Clyde, and two Donkeys, one mini, one standard. Did you see this one for sale?
http://www.dreamhorse.com/show_horse.php...
I have been drooling over him!
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment