Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any good colleges or universities in Canada that have Equestrian programs?


Answers:
I live in Alberta, Canada, which is horse country! We have two Equine programs that I am aware of. One is in Lakeland College in Vermillion. The other is in Fairview, which is in Northern Alberta.
The Lakeland program has been around for many years, Fairview's program is newer. They both have decent reputations. There is good demand for the horses that the program puts out at their yearly sales. I don't know how many of their students end up with full-time jobs in the equine industry. In my personal opinion, it's very difficult making a living at horses, and I choose to keep horses as my hobby and not a living. There are people who succeed here, especially if you specialize in reining, show horses or jumping, but you need to aprentice with a great trainer, be a hard worker and willing to pay your dues.
I would suggest going onto google and typing in Alberta Equine programs and see what you come up with. If that doesn't work try typing in Lakeland College or Fairview College and see if that helps.
Kwantlen in BC and There is a program near Guelph, I can't remember the name of the college. It might be affiliated with U of Guelph.

No comments:

Post a Comment