Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any horse owners looking for free help?

My daughter is horse crazy and evens loves to groom them . She would do it for free. Anybody one Long Island that wants free help? She is 13 and can walk, trot, canter.
Answers:
(Long Island, NY near NYC)
Too bad your not closer. We're in Upstate, Western NY. Wanna drive 8 hours??
You could always call up local stables in the yellow pages and ask if they would like volunteers. Most stables don't mind so long as they don't have to pay anyone.
Good luck
Where is long island! I love horse!!!!
Do you have any relatives with her grit in the Midwest? We have six horses and we are losing one of our best girls to college, my granddaughter is only 8, but does a fine job on the ground and the rest of us are in our 50's. Exercise is not our problem, as we have a large pasture and no over crowding, and they run for the sheer joy of it. Our shortage is riding all of them and making sure not to lose hard won progress on their manners. Nothing like a good ride to take the spit and vinegar out of them! Maybe you could run an ad, and do not offer free service. People are skeptical these days of free offers. Do not devalue her worth to a small small scale bunch of horse folks like my clan who would gladly pay someone to spread some love to our critters.
Sorry the only places i know of are in Ohio. Look around!
Is there a horse owner that isn't looking for free help? Go with her to ask around the area. I never had the courage to go myself when I was a kid. You're a great parent.
Darn! I'm in SE PA and can't find anyone with some experience that is reliable to put some time in on my horses. Everyone wants to be paid. I have horses - not money.
Unfortunately I'm in the UK- could use some help here and there though !
That is wonderful your daughter is taking a interest so early! I would suggest looking at http://worldhorseforum.com in the regional category. There should be a list of local equine centers and local posters. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment