Sunday, August 2, 2009

Any experience with "Fly Predators"?

I was thinking about giving this whirl earlier this year but someone did mention they really didn't see a difference in fly populations. Has anyone else used them, if so, what are your thoughts?
Answers:
Hi! I have not personally used them since I always miss the time for ordering them, but a lot of friends of mine who own big farms and operations use them. Most of the dairies in the area use them too, and from what I have heard they work great IF you release them at the right time and order according to acre size. I know they attack the fly larvave so of course the method is affective since this is their only and general food source, but the results are all in the timing of release. Otherwise they will die and be ineffective.
I have used them. They didn't work. It was a complete waste of money for me that I could have used on a new grooming kit! I was upset too. Anyway, the fly predators got annyoing sometimes because a couple flew in my eye and flies never did that.
i wouldnt get them because how can another bug help when its another pest around the yard i didnt get them sure i thought about it but i didnt
OK, I guess I'm behind in the times...What is a fly predator, exactly?
Nope, didnt work for me either. Its hard to beat the systm, so I stick with good fly spray products, Endure, repel X, Happy horse fly spray works pretty good.
Please whatever you do don't buy these! our barn bought them and made the borders pay 30 bucks per horse and we have seen no decrease in fly population. they really don't work and it's a waste of money.
I have used them!! THEY WERE GREAT!! Chepe and great. Withen 3 days I say like 2 or 3 in one ride. None at feeding time!
We used them last year and they weren't great, but they worked OK. This year we've been using Solitude IGR (it's a feed through fly control) and it works better than anything we've tried. We even have industrial timed fly sprayers.You just have to feed it to every horse in the barn for it to work.
They diddent really help me much.

No comments:

Post a Comment